The construction crew was nice enough to finish yesterday so we could have the evening to place the windows that are going across the back wall and bathroom of our new bedroom.
Originally, we thought some big windows would be included here, but a bit of homogeneity in the design was required. Our contractor, who has worked with me on several projects, and is learning to love the unusual and the recycled, came up with a fine idea yesterday that we are going to implement. For his idea, we will use the big windows that we rejected here.
Above, the windows are laid out the way they will stretch across the back wall. To the left will be a glass door, which is missing here.
Here is the back wall showing the organization: three rectangular piled at the left, and six squares to the right. The squares will have different divisions and alternate. These are some of the same windows that we used for the barn a couple of years ago.
We used a recovered door for the entrance to the studio part of the barn. We have two fine matched pairs for the new bedroom closets.
Glenn bought some bamboo a while back and I have been taught to be afraid of it. It can get out of hand. Just coming in from the real experience of seeing how uncovered our new bathroom will be with its windows, it will go in tomorrow. I don’t think that simple pine trees will be enough cover!